Distributor, VW Billet
RLR has the right electrical component for your race car. VW Type I (air cooled) Billet distributor requires an MSD 6 or 7-series ignition.
Available on backorder
Using technology gained from building distributors for off-road and NASCAR racers, MSD offers this Billet Distributor for the popular Type 1 engine. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the MSD Ignition. This pickup is accurate to within 1° at any rpm so you won’t have to worry about points float or “burbles” at top end speeds. The pickup is triggered by a precision reluctor that is attached to a hardened steel shaft. For increased stability, a sealed ball bearing is used to guide the shaft. Since every engine application is different, the MSD Billet distributor features an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly. By simply changing the advance springs and stop bushing you can tune in 24 different advance curves.
|Dimensions||15.5 × 6.75 × 5 in|
- Designed as a performance upgrade for VW Type I air cooled engines
- Supplied with bolt down distributor cap and rotor
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate• Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and Dupont Rynite base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.